Lars Farstrup, Farstrup Software
Paul Wlodarczyk, Earley & Associates
Earley & Associates SharePoint Jumpstart Series
Thursday, June 18th 12:30 EDT
Free. Register here
This session will cover issues in implementing an effective search experience and the range of available add-ons and compatible tools for extending SharePoint search functionality.
As the volume of information creeps steadily up in your SharePoint portal, so does the importance of sound navigation and metadata that can be leveraged for search. There are challenges around implementing hierarchical metadata and faceted search in SharePoint.
Lars Farstrup will discuss various options for creating an effective navigation and faceted search experience in Sharepoint. Paul Wlodarczyk will cover the range of available SharePoint add-ons and compatible tools to help you manage metadata, taxonomies and provide more robust search and tagging.
- Navigation pain points in SharePoint search
- Using faceted search for better navigation
- Build vs. buy scenarios for custom taxonomy & faceted search
- Taxonomy/Metadata/Search vendor landscape overview
- Specific tool features and limitations